This course is ideal for all educators (primary, secondary and university teachers, university staff (academic & admin), adult educators, trainers & coaches) who want to improve their level of spoken and written English. It is designed to provide the participants with speaking, reading and writing practice for both academic and professional purposes and to improve their overall proficiency in English language in a dynamic and communicative way, through individual, pair and group work.
It focuses on enabling the participants to speak and write accurately and fluently about various (general and business) topics and use appropriate language in both informal and formal settings. The course will place emphasis on strategies for effective speaking and writing and the use of these strategies to improve the participants’ analytical, as well as presentation skills. It will empower them to use a range of different ways to express and connect their ideas.
Upon completion participants will gain the knowledge of lexical and grammatical structures that will improve their academic and business communication. They should be able to demonstrate improved proficiency and built confidence in order to effectively participate in activities appropriate to academic and professional settings, which include making and delivering presentations, as well as participating in business meetings and other corporate events.
This course, although structured, is designed to be flexible and can be adapted to suit the specific needs of the participants.
Important note: ‘English for Educators (Level II): advance your career/business communication’ course is for teachers/educators who have an upper-intermediate to advanced (B2-C1) level of English, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
• Improve communication skills in English
• Gain better understanding of English language and increase vocabulary and fluency
• Enhance self-confidence in spoken, as well as written English in both educational and business settings
• Seize opportunities for cooperation with peers at an international level
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS – SKILLS & COMPETENCES
The course is ideal for a wide range of educators/teachers and professionals who wish to improve their English language skills. ‘English for Educators: advance your career (Level II)’ course is for teachers/educators who have an Intermediate (B1) level of English and wish to improve their oral fluency in English as well as their capability to participate actively in business meetings, where English is the official working language.
Upon completion, participants in this course will be able to:
- Improve their oral fluency in English including phrasing, intonation and rhythm
- Speak English more articulately
- Be capable to participate in business meetings where English is the official language
- Gain self-confidence in speaking in formal settings where English is the working language.
- Lead/manage effectiveyly multi national working environments
- Present working papers & presentations in seminars, conferences & symposia
The methodology of the training is based on a combination of three important elements:
- Provision of knowledge required (theory)
- Use of training tools, such as case studies, videos, games, animations & exercises (practice – hands on experience)
- Feedback/reflection (review)
PROGRAMME OF THE TRAINING ACTIVITIES (DAY BY DAY)