The MedILS Proteomic Platform provides a wide range of protein analyses to academic researchers and industry. We offer services for classical proteomic experiments, such as 2D-DIGE but we have also access to a truly innovative methodology to perform a differential analysis of protein oxidation pattern (carbonylome) based on a fluorescent double labeling approach. This method, called 2D Oxi-DIGE, allows efficient detection of protein oxidative damage (carbonylation) and protein expression on the same gel with 2 different labels, which allows us to reduce time and enhance robustness and specificity of the detection.
This 2D Oxi-DIGE technology is ideal to study the effects of active compounds with specific interest in oxidative damage of the proteome, but also oxidative stress related pathologies and age related diseases.
If you would like to know more about the proteomic platform, have access to our services or propose collaborative projects, you can contact François-Xavier Pellay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill the online service request form.
Activities and methods
- Measure the effects of compounds on protein carbonylation.
- Identify biomarkers in various pathologies, including age related disease, cancers, inflammation-mediated disease.
- Develop, implement and validate advanced proteomic methods to improve our technology.
- Collaborate with the scientific community to answer fundamental questions about aging.
Our platform capabilities, knowledge and services are:
- Protein extraction from various types of biological samples
- 1D electrophoresis in native (Blue Native or Clear Native) or denaturing (SDS) conditions with Coomassie blue or Fluorescent stains
- 1D and 2D Luminescent or Fluorescent Multiplexed Western Blot
- 1D carbonylome analysis (WB based)
- 2D SDS gel electrophoresis with Coomassie Blue or fluorescent stain
- 2D DIGE experiments
- 2D Oxi-DIGE experiments*
- ELISA for Carbonyls detection
- ELISA development for specific proteins
- Protein bands or spot picking for identification by Mass Spectrometry (MS is not performed in MedILS)
* The 2D Oxi-DIGE technology allows us to evaluate protein expression and carbonylation change in a single experiment to perform a differential analysis of carbonylome of biological samples. Based on an enhanced fluorescent labeling approach it can achieve a quick, robust and reliable comparison of the carbonyl levels between different proteomes. Coupled with protein identification by LC MS/MS this methodology represents the state of the art for individual protein carbonyl detection.
We use an in-gel proteomic approach combining different equipment and technologies that includes:
- Electrophoresis units for 1D electrophoresis and 1D WB: Mini-Protean Tetra Cell and Mini Trans-Blot Cell (BiorRad)
- For 2D electrophoresis and WB: IPGphor3 (GE), Ettan DALTsix (GE), TransBlot Plus Cell (Biorad)
- Fluorescence scanner: Typhoon FLA9500 (GE).
- Software for lab image analysis: TotalLab Quant (TotalLab)
- Software for the analysis of 2D experiments: SameSpots (TotalLab)